Welcome to Targeted Retrofit Energy Analysis Tool (TREAT) v. 3.4!
TREAT is the premier energy modeling tool nationally certified by the Department of Energy for use in Weatherization Assistance Projects for ALL building classes. That’s single-family, as well as, low-rise, mid-rise, and high-rise multifamily applications. TREAT is also an approved program compliance tool for a number of statewide programs including NYSERDA’s Home Performance with Energy Star Program, NYSERDA’s Multifamily Performance Partners Program, Washington State’s Weatherization Assistance Program, and many more! Now featuring HPXML Data Outputs, TREAT is even more versatile than ever.
Welcome to the forefront of the energy modeling industry. TREAT’s use of the national standard HPXML means that your jobs are in compliance in even more regions than ever!
TREAT is an interactive program that allows its users to accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a multi-zone energy model of single-family or multi-family buildings.
- Calculate the monthly cost of each fuel used in the model for typical weather conditions.
- Analyze improvements for the building and group these improvements in packages.
- Account for interactions of improvements in the packages.
- Calculate design heating and cooling loads for the model and each evaluated package of improvements.
- Calculate projected energy savings from individual improvements and improvement packages in Btu and dollars.
- Calculate payback, SIR (Savings to Investment Ratio), annual cash flow, and monthly cash flow for each improvement and package of improvements.
- Present a work scope for a selected package of improvements, including basic cost estimation.
- Print reports for customers that encourage investing in improvements, including information on building performance.
- Print comparative sales reports showing the costs and savings of various tiers of workscopes
- Analyze utility bills for multiple fuel types and meters in the building.
- Estimate usage for missing utility bills.
- Track energy use after an improvement package is installed.
- Weather-normalize actual utility bills and calculate the base load (non-heating usage) for each fuel.
- Calibrate the model to match calculated monthly energy usage to actual billing data.
Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Accounts
Account restrictions on TPGX files:
When using non-administrative accounts the user may not be allowed to open, save or modify TPGX files created by users with administrative privileges. When using non-administrative accounts (limited accounts) the users will still be able to create new TPGX files. These files may be modified or saved as long as they have not been modified by an administrative-account user.
If you are unable to save a file created under a different type of user account, use “Save As” to save the file under new name.
Data recovery after a crash:
In the event that TREAT is not closed properly (due to a computer crash or TREAT crash) TREAT will present the user with two options for recovering the most recent TPGX. Upon opening TREAT again you will be presented with the Crash Recovery Screen.
Here you can choose to:
- Save “as-is”: This option allows the user to open the TPGX file that was open at the time of the crash. This option allows the user to save recovered data under a new name to avoid any further data corruption. This file can be used to log a ticket with the screen on your right, or you may continue working if you notice no file errors.
- Clear: This option will clear the temporary file associated with your last open TPGX file. The original file is unchanged from your last manual save.